The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
We are looking for a passionate and confident individual who is an effective communicator with a keen eye for detail to join our client within the education sector on a permanent basis as an Admissions Administrator. This is a key post to support the department in the smooth running of all processes involved in the student life cycle.
Salary: £12 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Purpose of the position
Within this role you will be dealing with admission queries on a day to day basis, reporting on any issues. The role involves data entry, sales and admissions, monitoring, tracking, and following up on queries and maintaining good relations with clients such as franchises, external partners and SCITTS.
The area of work is responsive to the needs of the department, so the exact tasks carried out may vary according to the day to day requirements of company.
* Be the first point of contact for all enquiries from potential applicants - both verbally and in writing; answering questions and sending course literature as necessary.
* Be responsible for the administration of applications for teacher training and leadership courses including all necessary paperwork to complete the registration process of each applicant
* Oversight of the information on the faculty's website to ensure the details match the process
* Follow up admissions enquiries on a regular basis
* Liaise with our partner schools regarding admissions
* Record enquiries and follow-up
* Utilise computer systems (such as SITs and Document Manager) to record and progress applications
* Maintain familiarity with the DfE Initial Teacher Training and OFSTED regulations
* Assist the operations team during busy periods
* Provide holiday cover
* Collation of data and data entry ensuring accuracy
* Supporting administration of all courses and other events including presentations/handouts, following up on room bookings and catering, room set-up, IT set up etc.;
* Formatting and proof reading
* IT proficient especially with Teams, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom and other delivery platforms
* Very good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Clear and accurate communication
* Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
* Manage & prioritise workloads
* Good customer service skills - confident and friendly telephone manner
* Understanding of GDPR
* Team player
* Work accurately and effectively under pressure
* Commitment to and understanding of equality and diversity issues within a diverse and multicultural environment
* Prior experience of working within education or ITT and Knowledge of initial teacher training compliance will be advantageous
* Flexible working
* Subsidised meals
* 26 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
* Aviva Pension Scheme
* Christmas shutdown
* Free parking
* Significant opportunities for professional development
* A friendly and supportive work environment
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!