The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Welder/Fabricator Based in Sandy.
This is a temporary to Permeant Position
£11ph plus overtime when required.
Mon-Fri 40 Hours per week 08.00 - 16.30
The ideal candidate will be qualified to welding standard BS EN 9606-1 and be conversant with EN 1090. TIG welding experienced and qualified as majority of work will be on aluminium. Position requires good mathematical ability and the ability to read and interpret drawings. The role will involve fabrication of the finished product which will involve cutting, drilling, welding and assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create quality welds according to BS EN9606-1
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
- Some preparation works will be required for products to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel/aluminum parts.
- Cutting & Drilling aluminum piping and box section
- Assembly work
- Responsible for the proper packaging, identifying and moving of all finished products to the proper location.
- Experienced TIG Welder
- Ability to read and understand design drawings.
- The candidate will need to be fit and healthy and able to carry out some heavy lifting.
- Experience in working with steel and aluminum is required
- Driven attitude with a desire to grow our/his/her personal career and the business.
- At least 2yrs experience in welding aluminum and steel.
- Hold a Full UK driving License.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety in a factory / manufacturing environment.
Great company to work for and one not to be missed. Apply today don't miss out!
Look forward to hearing from YOU!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169