The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Northampton based client is looking for a Warehouse Operative on a full time, permanent basis.
Position: Warehouse Operative
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm or 7.30am to 4.30pm
Saturday 8am to Midday (Rotated once a month)
The job will involve...
* Communicating with all branches to ensure that the quality of supply and service they receive exceeds expectation and is at the same level as a normal customer would expect
* Responding to and dealing with customer communication and feedback
* Communicating with customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving and reporting to the Warehouse manager problems that are out of your control
* Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order picking and despatch of goods
* Keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate
* Implementing policies to reduce stock shrinkage (e.g. theft, damage, obsolescence, booking in and out errors etc.)
* Coordinating the use of computer systems where necessary and aiming to help improve where possible
* Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the workplace, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and flammables are stored safely. This includes a comprehensive understanding of accident reporting and the companies Health and Safety policy and its implementation.
* Overseeing the use of mechanical handling equipment to make sure it's used efficiently and safely
* Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment within the warehouse environment
The Person will...
- Have experience of working within a similar role
- Have a background in Trade/DIY with knowledge of DIY Products
- Put the customer at the heart of what they do
- Have a desire to develop and improve in line with the business
- Be highly motivated and positive in their approach to work
- Work well within a team.
** Please note that this role will involve some heavy lifting **
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169