The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Are you an experienced warehouse operative?
Are you looking for a Mon-Fri job on a rotating shift pattern, with an early finish on a Friday?
If so, then we have the job for you!
Our client is looking for an experienced Warehouse Operative to work within their business on a temporary ongoing basis. You shall also have the option to apply for any permanent positions as they arise following 3 months of employment with them. They are an employer of choice within the local area, due to offering excellent working conditions and fantastic benefits for those who manage to secure themselves a permanent position.
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: Full time (06:00 - 14:00/14:00 - 22:00 rotating weekly)
Pay rate: £9.16 per hour
The role will include...
* Handling machinery according to training and completing the safety check sheets, reporting any issues
* Using correct lifting equipment at all times and operating the overhead cranes, correcting any minor faults (following relevant training)
* Using SAP generated information to accurately and carefully pick, pack and load materials for delivery and check/report any damage
* Safe storage of materials, recording information on SAP and reporting any discrepancies
* Safely loading/unloading supplier/customer vehicles, in teams or, on occasion, under own direction
* Inspect, record and store incoming materials (using hand-scanner/PC) and complete documentation and SAP information
* Ensure housekeeping is to the highest standard
* Stock checks
The right candidate will have...
* Proven warehouse experience (essential)
* Be able to carry out heavy lifting duties
* Knowledge of using SAP (desirable)
* The ability to work in a team environment and share work appropriately, with an excellent attitude to peers and management alike
* Flexible approach to working hours and to working in all areas of the warehouse
* Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
* Excellent compliance with health and safety legislation.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169