The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Warehouse / Counterbalance Forklift Operative Shefford
Our Shefford-based client are looking for a Warehouse Operative to join their busy Warehouse and Distribution Team.
The successful candidate will have previously worked in a warehouse environment and gained experience picking orders, loading and unloading vehicles and using hand-held scanners. Excellent attention to detail is required as well as the ability to check products and quanitities, ensuring quality standards are met at all times.
You must have a current Counterbalance Fork Lift Licence (renewed within the last 5 years and accredited by ITSSAR or RTITB).
You will have good numeracy and literacy skills and basic computer skills. The role requires working outside throughout the year, so you must be prepared to work in all weathers! Suitable protective clothing will be provided.
The Main Tasks
* Loading and unloading of vehicles.
* Picking of products accurately to meet customer orders.
* Ensuring that products picked meet Quality Standards before despatching to customer.
* Supplying components to the manufacturing plant.
* Dealing with deliveries from couriers and from suppliers of raw materials for manufacturing.
* Placing manufactured product into correct warehouse locations.
* Checking accuracy and recording of all product movements completed.
* Working with a WMS system.
* Assisting with customer queries.
* Assisting with perpetual stock reconciliation and various site stock takes.
* Assisting with warehouse duties at our other local site as required.
* To maintain safe, clean and tidy warehouse and yard areas through regular housekeeping.
* Complete the daily routine inspection of the Fork Lift Trucks.
* To adhere to all H&S procedures at all times.
Personal Skills and Behaviour
* Customer focused.
* Promotes high standards of quality and accuracy of work.
* Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
* Physically fit - some tasks require manual handling.
* High level of numeracy.
* Attention to detail.
* Works effectively in a team.
* Good communication skills.
* Flexible attitude and approach to work.
* Mature attitude and takes responsibility for own actions.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern of 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm, (although currently we are working 10am to 6pm instead of 2pm-10pm) Monday to Friday. Some flexibility is required to work overtime when required during the week and on Saturdays for which an overtime premium will be paid.
In return the company offer a competitive salary, employee benefits and a friendly working environment.
To discuss this role further please call Stacey or Kristie on 01767 316767 or email email@example.com
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169