The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Client based in Stevenage are recruiting for a Tenancy Advisor to join their Tenancy Management Team on a temporary basis.
You will be responsible for providing a comprehensive tenancy management and support service to current tenants, former tenants and leaseholders.
* Carry out an annual program of Tenancy Audits, (including Right to Buy audits and priority transfers).
* Working in close liaison with all customers of the housing service as well as colleagues in their teams and across all Council services and external partners and agencies.
* Undertake investigations including carrying out credit checks, taking appropriate actions in relation to Tenancy Fraud such as subletting and abandonment, ensuring compliance with current legislation and the tenancy agreement.
* Carry out investigations in line with policy and procedure for low level Anti-social Behaviour ensuring that all cases are recorded and monitored. Referring cases to the ASB team where court action is deemed necessary.
* Deal with safeguarding issues relating to vulnerable adults and children, provide support and advice and ensure referrals are made to the appropriate agencies.
* Carry out home visits to tenants, particularly those deemed to be vulnerable.
* Investigate all complaints, providing information as necessary to Team Leaders and Managers.
* Prepare and present accurate reports to the Senior Officers Housing Needs Panel for complex cases that fall outside of the Allocations Policy for housing.
* Advise Tenants and Leaseholders on methods of paying rent or service charges, access to support on debt management, welfare rights.
* Work with Advisors to assist and help prevent debt through early intervention.
Do you have the following Experience?
* Experience in the Housing Sector and Tenancy Management
* Have a good understanding of Equality and Diversity
* Confident, effective communicators with a customer focus and, engaging.
* Able to manage sensitive and complex issues, delivering an excellent housing services in a flexible, tailored and responsive way.
* Ability to communicate effectively both face-to-face, in writing and via the telephone. Excellent communication skills both written and orally.
* Ability to meet targets, deadlines and service standards.
* Have flexibility to working hours. This may include an occasional evening visit.
* Ability to manage own workload and plan and prioritise to meet agreed targets.
* To have knowledge of current legislation, good practice and other guidelines, relating to housing and tenancy management.
* Hourly Rate of £13.64 - £15.27
* Monday - Friday
* Temporary role
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169