The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Production Team Leader based in Biggleswade
Hours are 7.30 - 4.30 and the hourly rate is £13.00ph
Main Purpose of Role:
- Responsible for the Production area allocated and accountable for the development of Production team skill and output, monitoring performance and to ensure that Production output meets Quality standards.
- Keep the Schedule updated tracking completed and outstanding jobs report finding to the Production Manager Daily
- Complete count at the end of each day report results to the Production Manager
- Distribute and collect KPI forms to be given to the Production Manager for documenting.
- Monitor the reject log to prioritise any glazing of remake units
- Re-fill the worksheet trays with worksheets organised by the G&T Manager.
- Ensure Jobs are beaded in date order (as per the Manufacturing Schedule)
- Provide training where necessary
Skills and Attributes
- Supervisory skills and experience within a Fabrication environment is essential
- Have a knowledge of Excel and be able to input data and for analysis / be able to produce charts (with training if required)
- Be able to answer technical queries from your team (Fabrication)
- Be able to substitute for the Production Manager occasionally when required
- Be able to train new staff in team roles (with train the trainer development)
- Have a good working knowledge of the whole factory flow and impact on upstream and downstream processes
- Have a good Customer focused mind set towards Right-On-Time and In-Full productivity
- Ensure that work flows through your area taking appropriate action on any bottlenecks
- Monitor and take action to improve daily output
- Drive efficiency improvement by regular reviews of processes and working methods in your area
- Monitor hourly production output by "Go and See" in your area. Work with other T/L's to resolve any issues affecting target achievement
- Use escalation policy in a timely manner for any Accidents, Breakdowns, Production or Quality issues
- Keep staff informed of daily targets and progress for the week
- Report on previous days result and shift start up issues, manning levels and process cover
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the factory with confidence
- Support the development of built-in quality by regular confirmation
- Support the drive of Scrap/Rework and re-cut reduction
- Randomly check sizes and do visible appearance and functional checks
- Complete first and last off checks where needed
- Confirm that operators in your area have all the right tools, equipment and parts to do their jobs
Great opportunity working for a super nice company who are extremely busy, we are actively looking to hire so get in touch today!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169