The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our client on a temp to permanent basis, based in the Milton Keynes area.
The right person will support the academic and behavioural needs of students, enabling them to develop personal, social and academic skills via class room and off site activities.
Position: Teaching Assistant
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday
Salary: Up to £17,000 pa pro rata
The job will involve...
- Assessing the needs of students to support learning
- Providing one to one mentoring of students, meeting with parents to discuss support
- Delivering small group learning interventions
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources
- Monitoring and evaluating student responses to learning activities
- Providing objective and accurate feedback and reports on achievement, progress and behaviour, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- Reporting behaviour accurately and effectively on the behaviour recording system
- Working closely with teaching staff to identify students at risk
- Using effectively IT to support learning activities and develop students' competence
- Communicating with other professionals to support achievement and progress
- Delivering lessons in the event of staff absence
The Person will...
- Have experience working with disengaged students and understanding of child development
- Possess a high standard of literacy and numeracy skills
- Possess training in relevant behaviour management strategies e.g. NVQ 3 Teaching Assistant
- Have a willingness to be flexible, working hours required by the Academy
- Have a full driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Have excellent Physical intervention skills and manage challenging behaviour well
- Have the ability to relate well and motivate, young people
- Have effective organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and engage well
- Have the ability to work constructively, independently and as part of a team whilst understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Be resilient in nature.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169