The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
We are looking for a Stores Person to manage our clients inventory and purchase merchandise based on our company's needs.
You will be tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with supply chain procedures and have good communication skills to interact with vendors, clients and internal teams.
Ultimately, you will increase profitability and effectiveness by maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products at all times.
* Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock
* Enter purchase details (suppliers information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases
* Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed
* Track shipments and address any delays
* Oversee storage of products, particularly of fragile items
* Evaluate suppliers' offers and negotiate profitable deals
* Coordinate regular inventory audits
* Liaise with warehouse staff and other internal teams to test products' quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
* Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
* Ensure purchases do not exceed budget
* Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, or similar role
* Good understanding of supply chain procedures
* Experience of SAP is ideal or similar system
* Active participation in inventory audits
* Excellent organisation skills
* Good communication and negotiation abilities
This is a temporary role with an immediate start.
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169