The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Salary Up to £24,000 DOE
Our client is recruiting for a Stores Person, you will control the receipt, storage and issue of bought in and manufactured parts as well as pack for despatch of spare parts and units. They will also phosphate parts using a chemical process.
* Receive finished and machined parts into the stores system from supplies. Check quantities against order. Move parts from goods inwards to the main stores using pallet truck. Place parts in appropriate racks or customer's order as necessary.
* Use computer system to check components against customer order and allocate parts to customer.
* Allocate stock for sub-assembly or assembly and move to kitting area.
* Pick orders ready for assembly and put in the correct location.
* Receive into stores machined components from the machine shop, check quantity, and place in appropriate stores rack or on customer order kit.
* Determine shipment and packaging requirements for spare parts and units.
* Pack spares items and units securely, including the use of any anti-corrosive protection requirements and labelling.
* Report to supervision the need for attention to customers order and any concerns related to finished items received.
* Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision of the health and safety representative.
* To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the Value Stream Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
* Good attention to detail
* Flexible and hardworking
* Ability to prioritise
* Calm under pressure
* A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
* Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
* Previous experience in a stores environment
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!