The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking for a Steel Fabricator/ Milling Machine Operator to join their team on a permanent basis.
Position: Steel Fabricator/ Milling Machine Operator
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm Mon-Fri (1-hour lunch break)
The job will involve…
We are currently recruiting an experienced TIG welder/milling machine operator to join our very busy fabrication shop based in Milton Keynes.
The ideal candidate would:
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Experience in mild steel fabrication
• Experience in TIG welding mild steel
• Able to work on their own initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work from engineering drawings
• TIG Welding - Turret Milling - Drilling - Grinding - Reading Technical Drawings
• Reading and understanding of engineering drawings.
• Cutting stock material to size, to ensure efficient use of materials, to ensure good joint types.
• Suitable selection of welding equipment appropriate to task, including gases and weld wire.
• Welding of steel joints in line with drawings, cleaning of joints and ensuring best practice
• Assist with in house engineering jobs manufacture of architectural mild steel products
• Inspection and identification of stock items that are to be used in the fabrication and assembly of our client’s products.
• Use of hand tools and power tool (i.e. drills, grinders)
• Read drawings to determine & produce welded assemblies
• Knowledge of operation care of welding, soldering, and brazing equipment
• Monitored the fitting, burning, and welding processes
• Welded components in flat positions
• Welded ferrous metals using inert gas welding equipment
• Performed repairs and maintenance on metal body components
• Be flexible & able to move to other areas within the factory when required
• To maintain a high standard & quality of work
• Ensure safe working practices at all times
• Responsible for good housekeeping in your own work area
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in faced paced environment
• Responsible for maintaining equipment
We have ample space in our factory to be able to social distance in accordance with all regulations.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169