The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB :
Provide a comprehensive catering service to Club members, visitors, and guests through personal efforts, supported by a small catering team. The job includes direct responsibility for maximising sales in catering, minimising expenditure and improving gross profit margins while ensuring the provision of a high standard of service, cleanliness and professionalism at all times.
COMPLEXITY OF JOB :
An ability to provide a complete service that meets the needs of a diverse range of customers. Respond to customers' needs and expectations in the delivery of a high quality, catering and function service.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISIONS WITHIN JOB :
The catering within John O'Gaunt Golf Club represents a large percentage of the clubs income and providing an effective catering service has a positive effect on the Club's operational cash flow.
* Provide a first class catering, and function service to all members, guests, and visitors.
* Daily liaison with the Head Chef and Restaurant supervisors and all key members of staff. Co-ordinate event requirements and ensure the smooth day to day running of the catering operation.
* Liaise with all current and potential clients and maintain an effective booking system for all functions.
* In conjunction with the Catering team manage all functions.
* In conjunction with the Head Chef, Deputy Head Chef, be responsible for any Food Hygiene and Health and Safety requirements relevant to the operation of the catering and waiting staff. Ensure compliance by all staff with the relevant statutory requirements, specifically the Health & Safety at Works act, Environmental Health Regulations Food Safety Act, and all COSHH regulations.
* Ensure that all relevant COSHH records and Risk Assessments are in place.
* Liaise with the Head Chef, Deputy Head Chef, and ensure the effective security, control and stock rotation of all catering stock.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* City & Guilds 706/1 or NVQ equivalent
* Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
* Current First Aid Certificate
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the key members of staff.
* The ability to work under pressure and to respond effectively to situations as they occur.
* Knowledge of current health and safety legislation.
* Interpersonal skills
HOURS / CONDITIONS
1. HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week spread over a five day period to meet the needs of the job.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169