The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
SHIFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER 17 th EDITION QUALIFIED - Temp to Perm c£36k
Permanent, Full-time Nights on a 4 on 4 off shift from 17.30Hrs to 05.30Hrs
Primary purpose: To carry out planned preventative maintenance and cover electrical or mechanical brake-downs on factory machinery, equipment and services.
* Working methodically through CMMS generated PPM work sheets ensuring all work is carried out to the highest standards in a timely manner.
* Responding to break down requests from the production department, prioritising workloads to maximise machinery uptime helping to ensure orders are produced to specification in full and on time.
* Ensuring all breakdowns and repairs are fully documented and correct information is fed back to Shift Engineering Supervisor.
* Correctly identify any spares parts and resources required to ensure equipment is maintained to correctly to manufactures specifications.
* Be able to work in a shift team and prioritise the daily work load.
* Have an understanding of electrical and mechanical, including pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
* Qualified to 17 th edition.
* Hands on team player who can work on his own as well as in a team.
* Understanding of the needs and functions in a food factory.
* Able to understand wiring diagrams, panel wiring and control systems.
* Working on a time limit for production.
* Working under pressure to get the job done
* Good fault diagnostic skills in electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Good communication and literacy skills.
* Self motivated and able to follow instruction.
* Ability to work in adverse and challenging conditions.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169