The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Branch Manager - South London
Following a positive and successful growth of our service business over the last 2 years, our client is pleased to be recruiting for a Branch Manager to run their London South Service Branch. Working from our Hitchin office, this will be your opportunity to use your knowledge and experiences, to drive the business forward with continual success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* To manage the branch and allocated resources to ensure an effective, efficient and profitable service is maintained end to end.
* To manage a P&L and control all costs and have full understanding of revenue streams and profit lines.
* Develop methods of monitoring the performance of both the department and individuals, against set criteria, including operational KPI's and service levels as well as financials.
* To carry out monthly 1-2-1's with internal staff as well as annual appraisals
* Work with our field support team to develop engineers technical skills and ensure adhereance to internal and customer processes.
* To hold quarterly engineer toolbox meetings, presenting branch financial results and kpi's as well as key messages from the business and H&S topics and annual appraisals for engineers.
* Be responsible for recruitment and disciplinary process for all branch staff.
* Monitor the department workload, and ensure that commitments are being maintained against agreed service levels and KPI's.
* Establish new, and manage current processes, in order to identify potential service problems in advance, and provide a best in class service to all customers.
* Regular reviews with line manager and peer team meetings quarterly with other branch managers.
Expected Skills and Experience:
* The ideal candidate will have previously worked within a similar industry.
* You will be results driven, having a proven track record of controlling budgets, and be able to provide specific examples of where you have exceeded targets.
* It is essential that you have experience of managing, motivating and leading a multi-skilled team.
* Commercial awareness is mandatory
* Ability to interface with employees and customers at all levels.
* Be capable of working well under pressure and multi-task.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Be confident with Microsoft office - Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint in particular
* Be IT literate and confident to pick up systems quickly.
* Be comfortable to present to large teams as well as locally.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169