The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Job Title: Senior Site Cook (with Food Safety level 2 & 3)
Days: Weekdays, weekends and evenings
Hours: 30hrs per week, over time up to 40 hours during busy period
Pay: Up to £11.50 per hour based near Biggleswade
Purpose of the Job
To work with the catering supervisor to develop and deliver a quality catering to the customer base, both via the daily visitor attraction and the extended hospitality requirements across all venues including the Café, Mobile Catering Pods and one other site. To manage and provide training for junior cooks and kitchen staff. Create new dishes, menus and seasonal food options. To manage costs, stock control and wastage.
Supervisory - must have 2 years experience
- Supervise casual staff involved in food service delivery
- Provide training and development to the casual team
- To ensure a good quality of catering and service is being delivered at all times
- Cost dishes, control stock and wastage
- Manage all food and hygiene regulations and requirements
Cooking and Food Preparation
- To prepare and cook food for service as and when required, across site to include hot offering, basic café "grab and go" options & buffet breakfast for accommodation.
- To manage the setup and clear down of catering facilities across the site, operating in a range of catering environments.
- To develop the catering offer with new menus and recipes to fit trade levels
- Arranging and planning stock and equipment for upcoming trade across site.
- Organising casual staff in line with the Catering Supervisor
- Exploring a range of local and differing suppliers to appeal to the Brands demographic
- To plan the physical delivery of catering across site over 7 days
- To ensure smooth relationships with internal and external teams
- To represent the Brand with stakeholders, contractors and funders
Budgets and Resources
- Reduce operational costs and maximize resources while maintaining standards of products and services
Policies and Procedures
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation
- Comply with GDPR legislation
- Adhere to organisational policies
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that support and deliver departmental objectives
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169