The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Senior SHE Advisor (Manufacturing / Engineering)
£45,000 - £57,000 Depending on Experience
Our client based in Bedford are urgently seeking a Senior SHE Advisor on a permanent basis. As a Senior SHE Advisor under the SHE Manager's guidance, you'll offer expert safety, health, and environmental (SHE) advice, supporting the development of the SHE Management system. Serve as an advocate, shaping the SHE vision, fostering the SHE culture, and ensuring adherence to standards.
Due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
* Support the development and implementation of SHE management systems.
* Provide thorough SHE advice to empower managers in effective SHE oversight.
* Investigate incidents, challenge concerns, and monitor action completion.
* Conduct internal audits for SHE regulatory compliance.
* Assist in creating and reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
* Deliver SHE training, including new starter inductions and toolbox talks.
* Collaborate with stakeholders, advocating for SHE considerations in decision-making.
* NEBOSH General and Environmental certificates or equivalents.
* Minimum of 5 - 10 years' practical experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment.
* Ability to work autonomously.
* Experience in supporting and planning HSE projects and high-risk heavy industry-related experience.
* Ideally hold several qualifications in a range of HSE related sectors.
* Comprehensive understanding of SHE management standards, HSE regulations, and best practices.
* Industry experience in heavy manufacturing; motors, hydraulics, high pressure environment, confined spaces.
* Trained SHE auditor.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Confident and adaptable communicator.
* Problem-solving skills with effective influencing abilities.
* Capacity to work autonomously under tight deadlines.
* Strong relationship-building skills.
* Familiarity with SHE management systems and excellent IT proficiency.
Immediate starts available, apply now!!!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!