The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Senior Industrial Door Engineer based around the Reading Area.
£32,000.00 + Overtime (£40,000.00 OTE)
Our client through success is looking to recruit a Senior Industrial Door Engineer to maintain and repair doors that it has previously manufactured and installed on a number of sites in and around the M4 / M3 corridors.
Overview of your new role
- Reporting to the Spares and Service Manager
- Working alone and often as one half of a pair
- Customer liaison on a daily basis
- Primarily working inside a 50-mile radius of Reading, but with occasional need to travel much farther afield (and possibly overseas) to assist on other contracts.
- Will require you to become security-cleared at an early stage
- Routine maintenance of door installations
- Occasional repairs/parts replacement
- Completing online service reports for finished works and recommendations for further works.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 2 years' experience in maintaining other types of industrial doors (such as Roller Shutters, High Speed Doors, Sectional Doors, Sliding Gates etc) or possibly with a lift engineer or overhead crane engineer background. We are not seeking previous hanger door experience.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Electrical experience is very advantageous
- IPAF/DHF trained
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Positive and conscientious attitude with a team player mentality
This is a full time, permanent position and carries a competitive salary with benefits to include a fully expensed works van with paid travel and site time (on an equal basis) There is no call out work.
One not to be missed so be the first to apply today!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!