The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking for a Senior Engineering Technician on a permanent basis to ensure all machinery and equipment is installed maintained and operated to maximise production of their products.
Position: Senior Engineer Technician
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: Dependant on Experience
The job will involve...
- Planning Weekly Engineering Tasks, recommending improvements to ensure efficiencies are maximised and managing the allocation and completion of tasks
- Providing key contact for resolution of problems and development of machine specifications
- Providing input into capital projects as necessary
- Leading a team of Engineering Technicians, ensuring individuals learning, development and objectives are met and monthly 121 meetings are held
- Providing information and data for zonal improvement meetings, following up any actions when required
- Working with the Maintenance Manager to review and analyse line efficiency, wastage and downtime and where necessary launch and coordinate improvements
- Producing detailed reports when required
- Coordinating and managing contractor activity to include scheduling, RAMS, Permit Control
- Consulting manufacturers manuals, reading detailed electrical and ensure correct replacement parts are ordered
- Coordinating the implementation of the Engineering Continuous Improvement program
- Managing small projects, particularly for maintenance systems to include budgets
The Person will...
- Have experience of working within a high speed production or multi skilled FMCG environment
- Possess experience of managing a team to include scheduling
- Communicate and lead in an influential and inspirational way
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Be educated to degree level in Mechanical/Electrical engineering
- Possess 5 years engineering experience
- Be decisive and methodical in their approach to work
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Have a good standard of IT skills
- Possess experience of Level 2 issue support to include Root cause Analysis and Recurrence Prevention.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169