The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes-based client is looking to recruit a Sales Estimator to join their team, so we are keen to speak with people with a strong background within this area.
Position: Sales Estimator
Hours: Monday to Friday office hours
To carry out Sales Estimator duties and associated functions from initial enquiry through to tender submission. Liaising with clients to ensure all requests are met on time, ensuring high accuracy of costs at all times, and maximising order potential through negotiating and liaising with clients.
• Ensuring all tenders are price accurately and within deadline.
• Deal with customer enquiries.
• Determine full extent of customer requirements and specification & drawings.
• Carry out site survey visits, if required.
• Design pipe routes using manufacturers recommendations & guidelines.
• Carrying out materials take-offs from tender drawings.
• Producing estimates using bespoke computer software package.
• Producing and issuing quotation letters.
• Assisting in the completion of tender prequalification questionnaires (PQQ’s).
• Deal with suppliers with regards to prices, terms & conditions, availability, and any issues which may occur.
• Input, update and edit enquiry/customer/supplier/price records within bespoke computer software packages.
• Answering internal and external technical and product queries.
• Assist with growing sales within an existing client base in addition to new clients.
• Carry out sales quotation follow up calls to ascertain competitiveness of quotations and to determine as much detail about the project as possible.
• Negotiate quotation prices with customers and costs with suppliers & subcontractors.
• Providing clients with technical and sales brochures and information & data.
• Providing technical submittals for approval.
• Assisting with appointment setting of client site surveys/bid meetings for company directors.
• Ability to build client relationships and to introduce new clients for growth of sales.
• Very good attention to detail and accuracy levels
• Possess a positive approach & excellent customer service skills.
• Self-motivated and desire to work hard in a busy office environment.
• Require excellent organisation and planning skills.
• Polite manner and good interpersonal skills.
• Able to use own initiative to solve problems and deliver solutions.
• Experienced and confident in both face to face and telephone customer handling.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!