The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
£40-45k Depending on Experience
Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm, early finish 1.30pm Friday
Our client, situated in Bedford, is currently seeking a seasoned Quality Engineer to join their organisation during an exciting phase in their long-term expansion initiatives, on a permanent basis.
The roles focus is to:
* Ensure the proper application and updating of systems in accordance with quality management standards (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 45001, AS9100, ISO 14001...) and internal system requirements within the designated scope.
* Provide quality support services to other AFB departments and external parties throughout the manufacturing process.
* Ensure the adherence to quality requirements and manage and rectify non-compliance.
* Establish and maintain communication with customers and suppliers.
* Control and manage the documentation required to support the AFB Management System.
* Incorporate quality system requirements from customers, applying them as needed.
* Analyse data and implement recommendations for continuous improvement.
* Ensure compliance with quality requirements, including control plans, audit checklists, and work instructions (WI).
* Prepare quality deviations if necessary.
* Maintain and resolve quality internal issues through the QCDM (Quality Cost Delivery and Motivation) board within the scope of APU QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control).
* Complete and take ownership of internal and external 8D's to resolve issues.
* Train operators, supervisors, and support functions on quality methodologies, standards, and tools for quality enhancement.
* Propose new standards or improvements to existing standards when needed.
* Advise, prepare, and implement quality improvement plans.
* Conduct audits in accordance with control plans and standards.
* Ensure that all suppliers used are consistent with quality customer and company expectations, including Global Preferred Suppliers (GPS).
* High School/Associate/Bachelor/master's degree with a specialisation in Quality.
Soft : Attention to detail, Thoroughness, Integrity in data, Engagement, Responsiveness, Communication, Autonomy, Problem-solving, Teamwork.
Technical : Standards knowledge (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS9100, ISO 14001, etc.), Quality tools knowledge (AES Quality tools), Industry knowledge.
Specific : Quality tools knowledge (Audit Management), Professional English, MS Office, ERP, MES, and PLM.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!