The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Food Quality Controller
Salary - £29,688
Shifts - 4 on 4 off rotational days and nights - 06.00-18.00 / 18.00 - 06.00
Our client based in Bedford have their products trusted by major brands and retailers all over the world. They are experts in their field, and are dedicated to driving innovation in their manufacturing operations, with their state of the art facilities at their Bedford site.
Effectively monitor products and Food Safety/Quality standards throughout the business to ensure product safety and legality.
* Monitor product quality following and testing against the customer's requirements and appropriate testing schedules
* Perform CP metal detection checks for all Mill final product metal detectors at the specified frequency
* Review the contents of the metal reject bins for metal
* Report findings
* Act on any metal detection failures in accordance with the relevant procedures
* Report any out of specification results and metal detection failures to operational and technical shift colleague
* Escalate to shift / production management if causes of failures are not addressed.
* Escalate to Quality / Technical management if failures remain unresolved
* Ensure that Certificates of analysis are sent to the customer within the agreed deadlines.
* Ensure that product labels and Job Sheets are printed with the correct information and properly documented (including retained label log)
* Notify your line manager of any potential Health & Safety issues.
Level 2 or 3 HACCP qualification / certification
* Level 2 or 3 HACCP qualification / certification
* Internal auditing qualification/certification
* Food safety related qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in similar role - food related background
If you have the necessary skills and experience please apply now!!!!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!