The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking for a conscientious, dynamic and adaptable Purchasing Administrator to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Operations, ensuring accurate records are maintained and strong administrative support is provided across the business.
Position: Purchasing Administrator
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 pa
The job will involve...
- Taking incoming enquiries and answering phone calls
- Processing, raising and chasing purchase orders
- Sending out enquiries and chasing supplier quotes
- Tracking stock and reorders and tracking Supplier KPIs
- Organising Supplier Review meetings and posting samples when requested
- Setting up and managing the customer account opening process
- Providing credit control support
- Assisting with ISO implementation and certifications
- Providing admin support to further teams when required and ordering office supplies.
The Person will...
- Have previous experience in a purchasing administration role
- Have good commercial awareness and enjoy negotiation
- Possess strong administration skills
- Have the ability to manage own work load effectively
- Have excellent attention to detail and be a creative problem solver
- Be a reliable and positive individual
- Have some experience of supporting teams within a fast growing organisations
- Possess a good standard of communication and IT skills.
Please be aware that some travel to the company HQ may be required from time to time.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169