The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Position: Purchasing Administrator
Hours can be flexible, so either = 8.30-4.30 or 9am-5pm (1 hour for lunch)
35 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 per annum (DOE)
Our client is looking for a purchasing administrator to join their small team, this is working on behalf of a well established family run business who specialises in selling lighting within the UK and oversees.
This is a very busy role, where attention to detail is key. It is highly administrative, with lots of email correspondence liaising with various suppliers and freight forwarding companies.
The ideal candidate shall have experience of processing orders, in addition dealing with exchange rates and different currencies.
This role sits within a small team, within an open plan office and there is also an opportunity to get involved in supporting the Technical Manager on project work too.
The job will involve
* Placing purchase orders with suppliers
* Liaising with factories and chasing delivery times
* Coordinating container or consolidated shipments
* Liaising with freight companies regarding shipments for collection and deliveries to the factory/site
* Booking goods in using the inhouse system
* Producing reports to keep relevant up to date product movements
* Identifying products that need ordering via the in house system
* Working closely with other stake holders on any product issues that may affect deliveries
* General administrative tasks based around any products.
The Person will...
* Have previous administrative experience within a similar environment
* Be highly numerate
* Be methodical and organised in their approach to work
* Have a good standard of IT skills to include Excel
* Possess a good standard of communication skills both verbally and written
* Be accurate with great attention to detail
* Be a hard working and self-motivated individual
* Good team player but also work well on own initiative.
* 20 days holiday, increases to 23 after the first 12 months (plus bank hols)
* Salary review every April
* Lovely working environment, with a very low staff turn over
* Free car parking
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169