The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location: Peterborough, due to the location of our clients' premises you will need access to your own transport.
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 per annum, depending on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday - 7.30 am to 4.00 pm with half hour for lunch.
As a Purchase Ledger you will be responsible for processing purchase invoices, supplier statement reconciliations and payments to suppliers.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
* Ensuring all purchase invoices are processed to Sage 50 in a timely manner; this includes invoices from suppliers, direct debits and expense claims. Any queries should be communicated to the originator.
* For direct debit payments, ensuring purchase invoices are received to match outgoing bank payments (or ensuring appropriate schedule invoices are maintained on file).
* To ensure supplier payments are processed to the correct beneficiary and the supplier record on Sage 50 is updated according. Payments are made by BACS.
* To ensure supplier accounts are reconciled monthly.
* To be vigilant against fraudulent activity (for example mail scams) and to safeguard the company's assets; if in doubt, liaising with the MD.
* To develop controls and systems to streamline processing (in agreement with MD)
* To update cashbook daily.
* To assist the Account with reporting (as required).
* To produce weekly reporting of debtors and creditors as required.
You will have:
* Experience within a similar Purchase Ledger Clerk role is essential
* AAT or Part AAT qualifications would be advantageous but is not essential.
* Competent IT skills with experience of using Sage 50 and be willing to learn.
* Excellent attention to detail.
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please forward your CV for consideration or call our Huntingdon Office number for more information.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169