The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Projects and Estimating Manager
Outskirts of Bedford
£35,000 - £42,000 DOE
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To manage the projects and internal sales team - this currently includes 5 direct reports.
* Managing the important/high risk contracts directly for the company and supporting your team in the management of their allocated contracts/projects. Contract importance will be based upon client, value, and complexity.
* Supporting the external sales managers with promptly completed quotations/estimates sending direct to the customer or via an external sales manager.
* Manage all incoming new sales calls.
* Able to manage processes and be part of implementing new processes to support internal teams and customers.
* Introducing annual performance reviews and monitoring both strong and poor performance.
* Manage the process through sales and projects team to hand over to design.
* Managing the costing of all variations to order within the team and issuing in line with contract requirements.
* Developing detailed project plans to guide clients, staff members and projects teams and revising based on changing needs and requirements.
* Identifying and assigning projects tasks based on the skill sets, experience, and strengths of staff members alongside the daily management of the project coordinators.
* Monitoring and reporting monthly progress updates on major projects.
* Manage the process through sales and projects team and hand over to design when final specification is approved.
* Reviewing major projects post completion with regards to lessons learnt and areas of improvement.
* Reviewing costings via lessons learnt and updates from production and installation.
* Managing contracts in line with QS/Contracts Managers requirements.
* Experience of managing a team
* Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
* Proven track record managing multiple projects as a sub-contractor in the construction sector with combined values in excess of £5M. For a minimum of 5 years.
* Knowledge and understanding of main contractors sub contract documentation including NEC & JCT family of contracts.Ability to read and understand technical construction and engineering drawings.
* Prior to starting work due to the security level you will be required to complete CRB check. It will also be part of your role to obtain SC clearance. These points will be discussed at your interview.
* Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject or engineering discipline.
* Ideally will hold relevant CSCS skills card.
* Driving license and passport.
If you have the necessary skills and experience please apply now!!!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!