The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Client based in Sandy has an exciting opening for a Production Team Leader to join them on a temporary to permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to manage the sites assembly and timber machining facilities, being responsible for the management of all staff in the area, production planning and completion of finished products to the agreed schedule and in accordance with the required quality standards.
* To motivate, inspire and lead the team with a hands on approach.
* Facilitate problem solving and collaboration across the team, ensuring team members have the necessary training.
* Ensure that safe working practices are maintained, and all working areas are kept clean and tidy.
* Line management responsibility for all machining and assembly workers in relation to discipline, holidays and allocation to teams and resource levels.
* Liaison with the designated temporary agency supplier relating to resource requirements and performance levels. This includes inducting new staff regarding H&S.
* Manufacture of all sub- assemblies and finished modules, via management of production staff ensuring quality standards are met.
* Liaison with the Procurement Coordinator to ensure that materials are readily available to assembly teams in order to minimise any down time.
* Reporting quality issues or material spoilage, these should be issued to the company's Quality Manager.
* Take personal responsibility for the quality output of all sub and finished goods assembly cells. This includes taking photos and completing a QC check list by individual module.
* Receipt of goods inwards from suppliers, checking items for quantity and where possible quality. These should then be located into the storage racking via forklift truck.
* Movement of finished goods from assembly area into finished goods area. Ensuring accessibility and clear labelling.
* Collation of finished goods loads in accordance with delivery notes.
* Loading of delivery vehicles from finished goods storage area, ensuring that vehicles are loaded in a safe manner and one which will eliminate transit damage.
* Ensure that the goods inwards and finished goods storage areas are maintained in a tidy manner.
* Check fire Exits and extinguishers daily to ensure that they are easily Accessible.
* Be a designated key holder.
* Good communication skills and the ability to motivate others
* Previous experience managing people
* Organised and efficient in role approach
* An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* An ability to work on own initiative, multi-task and take decisions
* Experience gained within a non-food manufacturing environment
* Forklift license (certified training can be provided)
* Knowledge of materials and processes undertaken by the company (as detailed in overview)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm and Friday 8:00am to 1:00pm Overtime maybe required.
Hourly rate: £12.50 per hour plus 1.5 x overtime for any hours worked over 39 in one week.
Temporary to Permanent.
Interviews will be taking place on Thursday 7 th November so you will need to be available on this date.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169