The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Production Team Leader - Food
£36,500 plus shift premium £3,288
Shift - 4 on 4 off working days and nights, 12 hour shifts.
Our client based in Bedford have their products trusted by major brands and retailers all over the world. They are experts in their field, and are dedicated to driving innovation in their manufacturing operations, with their state of the art facilities at their Bedford site.
The Team Leader is responsible for the day to day supervision of the employees on shift and ensure the plant is running efficiently and effectively in line with the Production plan.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To understand production processes
- To set up and diagnose plant machinery to run at its maximum efficiency
- To diagnose and report/rectify process faults
- To understand working of all machinery and auxiliary components to achieve maximum throughput and quality
- To diagnose and report faults on all machinery
- To work to weekly/daily production targets
- To oversee effective and safe working of subordinate
- Lead the team to deliver as safe and effective output
- To monitor and make sure production targets are met
- To monitor and ensure food safety and quality standards are met and maintained
- To monitor operatives to make sure they are running their plants efficiently and safely
- Ensure that we manufacture safe and legal products to the quality and standard the Customer requires and report any issues which could affect this.
- To ensure all legal requirements are met in compliance to food safety, legislation, the BRCGS Standard and Customer Codes of Practice.
You will need to be;
- Customer Service focus
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage working time
- Flexible working
- Ability to work to and achieve deadlines
- Ability to work within a team framework or on their own using their own initiative
- Attention to detail
- To treat others with dignity and respect.
Education, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in similar role - food related background
- Food related qualification
- Experience in managing people
- PC Literacy
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
If you have the necessary skills and experience please apply now!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!