The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
We are seeking additional Production Operatives for Plastics Production team currently based in Bedford. Here we manufacture a range of plastic rotational moulded drainage products for the construction industry. This facility operates on 3 shifts, 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am Monday to Friday. This facility will re-locate to Shefford once our site is redeveloped.
Duties will include:
* Accurately weigh out or dispense raw materials in preparation for the moulding process.
* Prepare moulds for the moulding process.
* Operate the overhead gantry crane.
* Load and unload moulds from the rotamoulding machine and cooling station using the gantry crane.
* Operate the rotamoulding machine by selecting the appropriate program.
* Monitor the moulding process throughout to ensure that the process parameters remain within control.
* Demould products from the moulds.
* Trim and finish products ready for the cutting process.
* Check and monitor the product to ensure it meets the quality standards including operation of leak detection unit.
* Liaise with Quality Department staff when required.
* Record process data and product dimensions.
* Load product into, and operate, a semi automatic cutting machine.
* Apply end seals to products and attach edge rails using a variety of hand and air operated tools.
* Inspect finished product to ensure compliance with specification.
* Operate granulating machine to shred waste plastic ready for regrind and recycling.
* Load and unload vehicles (FLT trained operators only).
* Regular daily housekeeping and segregation of waste for recycling including operating baling machines.
You will be physically fit with experience of using a range of hand tools and work well in a team. You will have the ability to learn technical information to understand the production process fully. You will comply with the Health & Safety Regulations and our Company standards at all times. Basic computer skills are required.
Working hours are 37.5hours per week, Monday to Friday, on rotating shifts 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm. You must be prepared to work a Nightshift too which operates from 10pm-6am on a set period basis. A nightshift premium of one third is paid for hours worked. Some flexibility will be required.
We offer a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. We offer a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169