The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Role Purpose: To manage the sites assembly and machining facilities, being responsible for the management of all staff in the area, production planning and completion of finished products to the agreed schedule and in accordance with the required quality standards.
Site Location: Sandy, Beds
* To motivate, inspire and lead the team with a hands on approach.
* Facilitate problem solving and collaboration across the team, ensuring team members have the necessary training.
* Liaise with the company's Health and Safety Director to ensure that safe working practices are maintained and all working areas are kept clean and tidy.
* Produce and keep up to date the Sandy site production plan, including machine shop and assembly areas in accordance with programme requirements. Attending off-site production meeting on a weekly basis.
* Keep the production administrator updated with any changes to the production plan to enable Production and Purchase Orders to be raised in sufficient time.
* Line management responsibility for all machining and assembly workers in relation to discipline, holidays and allocation to teams and resource levels.
* Liaison with the designated temporary agency supplier relating to resource requirements and performance levels.
* Scheduling of resource in both machining and assembly to ensure adherence to the production plan.
* Manufacture of all sub- assemblies and finished modules, via management of production staff ensuring quality standards are met.
* Monitoring of weekly output via timesheet allocation of total hours versus labour budget
* Liaison with the production administrator to ensure that materials are readily available to assembly teams in order to minimise any down time.
* Reporting of any 3C complaints in relation to quality issues or material spoilage, these should be issued to the company's Quality Manager.
* Take personal responsibility for the quality output of all sub and finished goods assembly cells. This includes taking photos and completing a QC check list by individual module and recording in SQL database.
* Organise and oversee the quarterly stock takes
* Good communication skills and the ability to motivate others
* Previous experience managing people
* Highly organised and efficient in role approach
* An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* An ability to work on own initiative, multi-task and take decisions
* Experience gained within a machine shop / joinery environment
* Knowledge of materials and processes undertaken by the company (as detailed in overview)
* Apprentice trained
* Previous experience of capacity planning
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169