The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Have you got experience in procurement? AND looking for PART TIME work??
Procurement Officer - Part-time Maternity Cover 12 Month Contract
Do you have skills and experience in Procurement? And looking for a part-time position? This role is to cover Maternity Leave so this will be a 12 month fixed term contract position. This is a part-time role of 20 hours per week ideally 8.30am - 12.30pm or 9.00am - 1pm, Monday to Friday and will require additional hours to be worked when holiday absences occur within the team.
Reporting to the Procurement and Sourcing Manager, the roles will support the Procurement function in achieving the objectives required to deliver a value for money supply chain for the business
The Sourcing Officer supports the Procurement & Sourcing Manager and Senior Sourcing Officer in their activities and will have some responsibilities of their own for procuring a range of components and/or materials within assigned portfolio of suppliers, ensuring that the supply chain is capable of meeting or exceeding business expectations by effective supplier management and continuous improvement.
· Build and maintain close working relationships with suppliers, internal stakeholders and purchasing teams.
· Raising, issuing and maintaining purchase orders in order to optimise inventory and assure OTIF delivery from suppliers.
· Optimisation of purchased items inventory levels ensuring availability to manufacturing teams using appropriate planning tools and systems.
· Maintain procurement and inventory planning data e.g. MOQ's, Lead-times and inventory planning data (min/max levels).
· Supplier management and continuous improvement.
· Monitor and review supplier performance to ensure standards are achieved against agreed KPI's and organisational needs. Report as required and take corrective/preventative actions if required in order to improve performance.
· Identify continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders and the use of KPI data. Where opportunities exist, work with key stakeholders to implement.
· Support the Procurement & Sourcing Manager with the following: -
i. Identify potential new suppliers within categories of responsibility that will support Quality, Cost or New Product Development. Add to the Approved Supplier List (ASL) once validation and approval is obtained.
ii. the implementation of supplier improvement plans where required in conjunction with internal stakeholders such as QA, Engineering and Production.
iii. in the execution of annual saving plans, through negotiation and/or Value Engineering projects in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
iv. the development and improvement of assigned categories by implementation of supplier risk assessments and commodity strategies.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169