The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Planned Preventative Maintenance Manager
Due to repeated growth of our client's manufacturing operation, the need has arisen to appoint a PPM Manager to lead and manage PPM and Reactive maintenance programmes to ensure that their business objectives and KPIs are met with efficient and effective use of resources. This is a "hands on" role, where you will lead with machine trouble shooting to ensure the site is operating in a safe manner with high quality output, ensuring all planned maintenance is undertaken to time, quality and budget
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Effective planning and internal coordination of maintenance activities to maximise overall operating efficiency and effectiveness whilst minimising waste
* Establish, maintain and regularly review robust maintenance systems and procedures to include a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) System for all areas of the business
* Ensure all PPM is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to satisfactory standards
* Ensure machinery is maintained with operational reliability, ensuring that all autonomous maintenance tasks are identified and executed
* Monitor maintenance activities - striving form minimal downtime
* Identify improvements, where necessary, to manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
* investigate failures - formulate and implement action plans for all internal corrective actions
* Work to budget for the Maintenance Department ensuring that engineering projects and the maintenance programme are completed within agreed costs and quality standards
* Ensure self and team operate in a safe and efficient manner and sound mechanical and electrical practices are applied
· A recognised technical qualification i.e. Indentured Apprenticeship, C & G / BTech / ONC / HNC or equivalent.
· Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
Experience & Skills Required:
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment on automated production lines with modern manufacturing techniques
* Knowledge of PPM strategies and systems
* Proven track record of hands on machine fault-finding
* Able to prioritise, work under pressure as well as use your own initiative
* Excellent communication skills
* Good system skills including Microsoft Office
* Excellent organisational skills
* Understanding of the business needs and the impact that the person can make upon it
* Self-motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic and able to work as part of a small team
* Personal attributes which include a positive disposition, a "can-do" attitude, tenacity, assertiveness, resilience and a high degree of determination to succeed
Our client is a genuine employer of choice in the local area - on offer is the oppportunity to be part of a growing workforce committed to strong values that include providing sustainable solutions for their clients. This is Monday - Friday working week.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169