The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking for a Paralegal on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will support the Head of Legal to manage contracts with clients, suppliers and partners whilst mitigating any risks that might arise against the client.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 per annum
The job will involve...
- Providing contract management and preparation services on a day-to-day basis
- Taking responsibility for drafting, negotiating and keeping up to date all standard terms and conditions, NDAs, supply agreements, I.T agreements and other ancillary agreements etc
- Supporting and advising on data protection law to include GDPR
- Providing support in company secretarial matters including preparing, drafting and reviewing of board minutes, resolutions, and other governance documents
- Conducting legal research in relation to legal developments and/or changes
- Ensuring that contracts are kept up to date in line with new legal developments especially GDPR, Modern Slavery and Brexit development (if any) to maximise business effectiveness
- Supporting data subject access requests, ensuring that they are fully dealt with promptly.
The Person will...
- Have experience in a similar role with exposure to contractual and GDPR matters (advantageous)
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Have an eye for detail with strong organisational skills and multitasking skills
- Possess a law degree or business law and/or LPC or equivalent (essential)
- Have excellent IT skills to include Microsoft word and excel
- Have a positive attitude with a 'can do' approach
- Be confident, credible and adaptable
- Be confident in negotiation
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Be a team player
- Have the ability to think laterally and commercially.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169