The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking for a highly organised Medical Administrator to support their busy Medical Centre on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
Position: Medical Administrator
Hours: 30 hours per week (flexibility over when they are worked)
Salary: Up to £9.00 per hour
The job will involve...
- Advising patients of the results of routine tests
- Receiving and checking repeat prescription requests and giving completed prescriptions to patients
- Receiving and documenting payments for non-NHS services such as taxi medicals, HGV medicals, travel claim forms, some travel vaccinations, circumcisions etc.
- Registering new patients and removing patients from the record system
- Photocopying, scanning and filing of paper records
- Ordering stationery and office supplies, consumables or medical/clinical supplies
- Scanning incoming patient documentation in line with the practice procedure
- Assisting the Practice Manager to achieve targets and deadlines set by the PCT
- Processing referrals, summarising and copying patient medical records when required.
The Person will...
- Have some experience of working in an NHS environment or similar role
- Be an excellent communicator both spoken and written
- Possess a good level of understanding in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have the ability to work within a process/procedure environment
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and data security at all times
- Be adaptable and comfortable dealing with changing priorities
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169