The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Are you a skilled mechanical fitter?
Are you keen to develop Engineering Skills?
rotating shift work which will have a shift premium
As mechanical services fitter your main responsibilities will include:
* Carry out inspections, maintenance and repairs of the equipment involved with tunnel testing and mechanical services (planned maintenance).
* Be responsible for the repair of plant and equipment breakdown including fault finding in accordance with supervisory instructions (reactive maintenance).
* Be responsible for the installation of new plant and equipment in accordance with supervisory instructions.
* Preparation of risk assessments and method statements and work to make sure Health & Safety Regulations are adhered to.
You will need:
* A time served, fully skilled mechanical fitter with a time served mechanical apprenticeship.
* Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
* High attention to detail.
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
* Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
In the first instance please email your CV to bed firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch on 01234 210025.
Please note, if you do not receive a response within 5 days of CV submission, your CV has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please check out our Privacy Notice to bring you up to speed with your rights over your data
And GDPR: Privacy Notice
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169