The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Up to £27k per annum
Shift patterns - 6am to 2.30pm Mon - Thurs, 6am to 10.30am Friday
(May also need to run a second shift 2.30pm to 11pm Mon - Thurs and 10.30am - 15.00pm Fri, must be able to work this shift if required)
Are you a skilled Mechanical Assembler with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to quality? We're seeking a dynamic individual for our client to contribute to the assembly of high-quality products. If you have experience in assembling component parts and thrive in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment, we want to hear from you.
As a Mechanical Assembler, you will:
* Prioritize assembly tasks based on the build board and select kits of parts for each assembly.
* Execute assembly operations according to parts lists, working instructions, and drawings.
* Verify kit accuracy and promptly address any discrepancies with stores or supervision.
* Operate overhead travelling gantry crane, ensuring proper slinging procedures for loading and transporting large items.
* Assemble and test products to specifications using air guns and spanners, emphasizing cleanliness of parts.
* Report component errors and assembly difficulties to supervision and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
* Adhere to safety standards, maintain good housekeeping in work areas, and utilize provided PPE.
* Support ISO 9001 requirements and contribute to the implementation of ABS, the continuous improvement process.
* Undertake production and operations tasks as directed by the Value Stream Manager.
To excel in this role, you should have:
* Proficiency in interpreting engineering drawings.
* Must have experience of assembling machined metal parts, balancing experience an advantage.
* Ability to work efficiently under deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
* Flexibility, a hardworking attitude, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
* Composure under pressure and a proactive, team-oriented approach.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
* Education: GCSE standard or equivalent.
* Previous experience in a similar assembly environment.
Physical Demands -
The role involves:
* Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, and manual handling.
* Vision abilities including close vision and focus adjustment.
Manual Lifting Requirements:
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs.
* Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!