The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Manufacturing Shift Manager
On behalf of our client we are recruiting a Manufacturing Shift Manager to join their existing manufacturing production management team.
As Manufacturing Shift Manager you will be responsible for directly managing the resources on your designated shift. You will be required to effectively lead processes, systems and personnel, etc over this shift to ensure delivery of agreed production plans, output and programmes of work. The ideal candidate will be experienced in working with Lean Principles.
You will also be responsible for ensuring Quality Standards are achieved and Health & Safety compliance across all shift staff.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead shift personnel on daily manufacturing activity
* Develop team performance - coach, train and ensure training records are maintained
* Ensure delivery of the production plans - on time and to expected quality levels
* Lead process initiatives to develop a culture of continuous improvement
* You will take an active role in completion of risk assessments and operation of the appropriate action plans.
The successful candidate for this role will:
* Have previous experience of managing a shift within a manufacturing environment
* Be a self-starter
* Want ownership of a role - proven problem solver
* Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
* Be a motivator, team manager
Our client is a genuine employer of choice in the local area - on offer is the oppportunity to be part of a growing workforce committed to strong values that include providing sustainable solutions for their clients. This is a Monday - Friday working week, primarily a two shift pattern role however due to the nature of their product - there is an element of seasonal shift pattern for this role, requiring a three shift operation October - January.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169