The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Manufacturing Manager Based in Bedford
Salary is C£40k pa PLUS a Bonus OTE £3k pa
Purpose of the role
- To contribute to Customer Service Excellence of the Division by meeting customer requirements through the management of Production.
- Ensure continuous improvement through the development and introduction of new processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards and procedures are adhered to, seeking opportunities for improvement to reduce and control residual risk.
- Deliver manufactured goods to customer specification and required delivery date.
- Team management (including annual appraisals, absence management, incident investigation) - Maintain and develop a culture of cooperation and respect.
- Develop the skills and flexibility of the team through training and mentoring 'on the job' training.
- Establish a skills matrix, assess staff, and develop training plans. Improve and support process change to deliver improved lead time and cost reduction.
- Improve and develop plant capability, capacity and flexibility to support the business strategy. Work with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager to implement improvement projects through proposal, specification, capex approval and implementation.
- Establish appropriate performance KPIs, measure and report on KPIs regularly.
- Ensure product quality, drive for 'right first time' eliminating the need for rework.
- Manage the day to day production process through:
* Cooperate closely with the Commercial and Design Office teams by providing technical advice and support.
* Planning work order completion based on customer needs.
* Maintaining stock of key product lines.
* Managing workflow through the factory to meet the planned schedule and delivery dates.
* Machine programming and calibration.
- Responsible for health and safety in the production and warehouse areas. Work collaboratively with colleagues in AWM to ensure health and safety compliance in the stockyard and shared site facilities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the production/warehouse team.
- Authority to purchase according to the Purchasing Policy.
- Management of overtime budget to maximize efficiency and maintain cost control.
Education (necessary for the job)
- Health & Safety for Managers.
- Diploma for Management equivalent to ILM (ILM Level 3) or QBE.
- Engineering Degree preferred, or BTEC/City & Guilds qualification in metal work.
- Production processes of fine limit mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium including their properties preferred.
- BSI standards.
- Manage Health and Safety
Working for a great company this one is not to be missed! Apply today to avoid disappointment..
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169