The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
£35,000-40,000 per annum depending on experience
Outskirts of Bedford
Our client based in Bedford is currently seeking an experienced LabVIEW Developer to join the business at an exiting time in their long term growth plans on a permanent basis.
The Systems Engineering Team (SET) is responsible for leading the engineering development of all test facilities, test rigs, and supporting systems. This involves understanding, maintaining, and enhancing existing plant, machinery, and systems, as well as defining and introducing new capabilities. The LabVIEW Developer within the SET plays a crucial role in developing LabVIEW software, focusing on improving productivity, addressing obsolescence in legacy software and equipment, and contributing to the advancement of systems in cutting-edge aerodynamic research.
* Elicit user requirements and generate software specifications.
* Design and create functional software applications and embedded code interfacing with hardware.
* Develop intuitive graphical user interfaces.
* Upgrade existing software to a standard LabVIEW version, addressing bugs and ensuring maintainability.
* Evaluate and make a case for upgrading hardware platforms to enhance maintainability.
* Preserve system maintainability through cohesive, modular, and fault-tolerant design.
* Collaborate on projects, producing code modules as per software architectures.
* Produce software documentation, including test plans, user documentation, and manuals.
* Honors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
* Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
* Analytical skills for data analysis and problem identification.
* Demonstrable experience in LabVIEW development for NI Hardware platforms.
* Familiarity with Ethernet communication protocols and industrial protocols.
* Knowledge of version control, testing processes, and coding standards.
* Familiarity with configuring Windows PCs and hardware.
* Understanding of software engineering best practices.
* Effective management skills to meet deadlines and maximize operational availability.
* Understanding of industrial machinery fundamentals and design control procedures.
* Appreciation of continuous improvement principles.
* Ability to interpret and apply industry standards and legislative requirements.
* PC literacy beyond basic word processing and spreadsheet packages.
* Comfortable working with incomplete documentation on legacy systems.
* Well-organized and self-motivated team member.
* Proactive in determining and driving solutions to completion.
* Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Comfortable working in and around large machinery.
* Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of various plant equipment.
* Readily adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances.
* Willing to work in areas with difficult or limited access.
* Positive attitude and willingness to undertake tasks beyond the job description.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!