The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
* Able to handle yourself in stressful environments when dealing with business-impacting issues;
* Deal well with ambiguous or undefined problems; ability to think abstractly and guide others;
* Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development;
* Confident in your skills, abilities and willing to share your knowledge, while learning from others; and
* Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions.
Here's what you get:
* Complete ownership and accountability over the role and functional area
* Real transparency into the rest of the company
* Ever Changing Tech Stack
* 1-2 years of experience of Linux Systems Administration
* Know of at least (1) Monitoring tool (Datadog, Zabbix, Elk, Grafana, Cloudwatch, Stackdriver, Nagios, etc.)
* Experience using Atlassian JIRA to manage project tasks or equivalent
* Knowledge about AWS or GCP services
* Assist in managing all types of growing applications/infrastructure
* Monitor alerts/incidents & act immediately on them during on-call shift.
* Follow alerting support communication escalation procedures (ie client communication, RFOs etc)
* Be a part of the team meetings & knowledge exchanges.
* Working with the entire team to define new efficient practices for current and newly deployed infrastructure.
* Contribute to a growing database of documentation surrounding infrastructure and applications hosted.
* Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software.
* Maintaining access and permissions for internal team on the network.
Location: This position is not a remote role and will be located at our Royston office.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169