The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Client is recruiting for a candidate to contribute to the smooth and effective running of our highly successful Purchasing department. As part of this role, you will be required to support the Purchasing Manager, as well as actively provide all purchasing administration required to ensure optimal stock, for the supply of customer orders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Plan, maintain and review raising of purchase orders within our ERP (SAP) system.
* Working with Supply Chain Coordination, to monitor, report and control stock levels, whilst contributing to continuous improvement of processes and maximising stock turns.
* To manage, maintain and improve the working relationships with relevant suppliers.
* To assist the Purchasing Manager to identify potential areas for savings.
* To assist the Purchasing Manager in the maintenance and improvement of supplier terms and conditions, whilst ensuring that all suppliers adhere to these, including signing of the supplier Code of Conduct.
Expected Skills and Experience:
* Previous operational experience, working in a busy environment.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Great communication ability, as you will be required to liaise with both internal and external customers.
* Competent IT user, experience with Excel (intermediate) and MRP systems would be beneficial.
Opportunity for entry at Junior level for those considering career in Purchasing
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169