The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Are you looking for an entry level IT analyst position within a company with great progression opportunities?
Do you have experience within IT with good technical knowledge of computer hardware?
Our client is looking to recruit several entry level IT helpdesk analysts to support within their growing company. You will have a great willingness to learn as there is potential to progress quickly within the company as a more advanced technical understanding is developed.
Position: Junior Helpdesk Analyst
Salary: £15,000 with £1,500 shift allowance
Hours: 8.30-5pm (Day shift)
3.45pm - midnight (Late shift)
37.5 hours per week
You will be available to work every other weekend - 9 days off work over a 4 week period.
Location: Milton Keynes
Your responsibilities within the role will be...
* Installing, upgrading, supporting and troubleshooting printers, hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
* Customise software to meet user specifications and venue standards.
* Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client that has authorised access to the network.
* Performing general preventative maintenance tasks on EPoS systems as required.
* Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk.
* User account administration, i.e. account creation and management and password resets on the EPoS system.
* Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and EPoS hardware/software.
* Familiarise clients on basic EPoS software, hardware and peripheral device operation.
* Work with other team members regarding new builds and upgrades.
* Operating within, enforcing, and suggesting modifications and additions to EPoS standards and guidelines.
* Maintaining and updating all records in the ticketing system.
* Developing sound understanding of EPoS operations and related applications as well as business related processes and procedures.
* Developing technical knowledge of each system within the company profile and specialised knowledge of certain nominated areas.
* Maintaining adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support.
* Maintaining and consistently demonstrating a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
* Any other duties which may be required and deemed appropriate to the level of the role.
You will have the following experience and skills for the position...
* Technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware.
* Experience of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2000/2003/2008.
* An ability to operate within the client's standard operating procedures.
* Self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
* Great willingness to learn.
* Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Strong listening skills.
* A calm and professional approach when dealing with all client situations.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Planning and organising skills.
* An ability to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members.
* An ability to operate with minimal supervision.
* An ability to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls.
* Self motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual.
* Professional image and smart appearance.
* GCSE level or equivalent including English and Maths.
* College diploma or university degree in the field of IT and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169