The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Junior Cybersecurity Consultant
Our global CyberSecurity consulting client is looking to expand their team by adding another cybersecurity professional that will provide our range of services. The position is intended for highly technical professionals that are nevertheless capable of leading and propelling people for action. No programming is required. DDoS-specific training is provided on-job.
About the role:
The DDoS Cybersecurity Consultant will be providing the full professional service to our customers. The consultant runs the simulations, writes the recommendations, conducts the audits, generates the procedures, and trains the customer employees. The consultant works with people, not only computers. The role involves some project management aspects, and the consultant will motivate the customer to act towards DDoS Readiness.
● University degree
● Employment/Military experience in the field of information security or computer networks desirable.
● Knowledge of network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS).
● Proactive, communicative, and able to lead and propel people to improve their security.
● Fast learning capabilities.
● Proven record of academic/occupational excellence.
● Excellent English - written and spoken.
● Available to work occasional nights and weekends (for scheduled DDoS simulations and for IR emergencies. Not required for 24/7 shifts). Advantage: © All rights reserved. Red Button 2
● Previous experience in customer-facing roles.
● Experience working in SOC, Penetration Testing, Professional Services, Information Security, Networking or System.
● Knowledge in networking or network cybersecurity - BGP routing, WAF, CDN.
● Experience with cloud computing infrastructure - Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
● Scripting skills.
● Unique opportunity to put your knowledge and skills to use in the reality of a major production environment.
● Opportunity to become a genuine expert in DDoS.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!