The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Milton Keynes based client in a hands on role as an IT Technical Support Engineer.
Working within a small team, this role supports the hardware and software of both your colleagues and customers alike, diagnosing IT related issues and ensuring solutions are found as quickly as possible.
Position: IT Technical Support Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: £25,000 pa
The job will involve...
- Provide desktop support to both customers and colleagues
- Maintaining the website to include updating and adding articles
- Designing, maintaining and editing the Intranet
- Manage and control hardware returns of leased equipment
- Manage network security and ensure software is kept up to date and installed properly
- Maintain network infrastructure including cabling and the replacement of hardware
- Assist external members of staff with remote access
- Administer and support mobile devices including smart phones and tablet devices
- Maintain in-house systems to include reference databases, HR and time & attendance
- Research, plan and manage future IT projects
- Carry out data management, ensure backup and disaster recovery procedures are followed
- Producing notes and manuals with technical knowledge for company reference
The Person will...
- Be a competent individual with knowledge and understanding of PC hardware, MS Windows and Office applications
- Have experience of working in a Technical Support or similar role
- Take ownership of issues and seek to resolve as effectively as possible
- Have the ability to use own initiative to resolve complex issues
- Have discretion and be of a trustworthy nature when dealing with confidential information
- Have the ability to manage own workload
- Be a friendly and outgoing individual who can communicate on all levels
- Be confident in making suggestions and improvements with great problem solving skills
- Have a willingness to learn and the capacity to work under pressure
- Have the capacity to travel when required, usually London.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169