The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our client is a world-class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise, and agility. Their purpose is to enhance the experience of games across the world through their passion and expert team.
Key Accountabilities and Duties
* Role model our clients' values by treating employees as Adults, Individuals and Customers.
* Act as the first point of contact to all employees and external partner queries escalating to People Managers where necessary
* Optimise systems and ways of working to create effective people services support function
* Responsible end to end for on time delivery of all HR Admin e.g., Starters, Leavers, Changes. Handle most of the employee documentation, including contracts, recruitment paperwork, starter packs, responsibility for written correspondence with employees and third parties, working to agreed SLA'a and timescales for tasks.
* Creating FAQs, online documentation and optimise the HR system (Bob) to move towards self-service delivery model for first line queries
* Delivering a great employee experience and support service. Ensuring all employees have a positive experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle and especially during the 'moments that matter'.
* Delivering new starter inductions
* Analytics and insight - Create dashboards and reports from multiple sources that show traction against people deliverables. Identify issues, excessive sickness/holidays, or opportunities to improve.
* Ensure the efficient and sensitive processing of information such as people changes, references, probation tracking, induction, buddies and mentors, PDR completion
* Prepare and amend where necessary HR documents, i.e., employment contracts and letters and policies by using and creating model forms and templates. Optimising systems and ways of working to create efficiencies and best practice
* Maintain and update employee - digital - records, as well as manage various HR documents and internal databases, e.g., time and attendance, holiday, and other absenteeism
* Monitor fixed term contracts and other payroll related changes and ensure appropriate follow up
* Visa and immigration organisation and administration as necessary
* Payroll - working with the Payroll Team internally and externally to prepare payroll and notify of relevant starters, leavers, and changes. Supporting employees with payroll queries
* Employee surveys - Administration of starters, leavers, first 90 day and various other employee lifecycle surveys. Working with People Managers to analyse and report on these to the business leaders identifying relevant trends, interventions and support needed to make Universally Speaking a great place to work.
* Review and renew company policies and legal compliance working with People Managers on monthly basis to identify changes in law and update the business leaders as appropriate and make necessary changes where applicable
* Plan and deliver in events and celebrations, Summer Parties, Quiz nights, Games and Charity events
* Producing Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly HR Statistics packs and ad hoc stats as requested.
* Systems and workflows - responsible for improvements to HR systems and workflows to optimise effectiveness. Ensuring accurate and timely access to data and minimising duplication of activities aiming for single source of data.
* Maintaining HiBob and Tensor existing systems and be key player sourcing new systems when appropriate.
* Reward and Benefits - Administrative support for salary review process, budgeting, performance review, HR projects, annual reports to Home Office, HMRC and other adhoc internal and external requests for employment data.
* Administer all benefits and process for all starters, leavers, changes. Provide relevant reporting on Rewards and Benefits including benchmark data as requested.
* Employment Relations- advising employees and line managers with handbook and policy queries, supporting ER cases, escalating to the People Manager where required
* Health and Safety - which involves attending monthly H&S meetings, conducting monthly checks, liaising with our General Manager and People Managers to address any actions required.
* Managing, distributing, and collecting security cards.
* Oversee and assist with office security and Health and Safety including Fire Warden and First Aid duties.
* Supporting interviewing candidates and.
* Assisting People Team with administrative duties.
* At least 2 years' experience of working within HR
* Outstanding organisational and time management skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
* Ability to work at pace and to tight deadlines
* Action and results orientated
* Strong interpersonal/communications skills. Diplomatic and tactful, able to collaborate with a variety of people at all levels, to work effectively as a team member.
* Experience of setting up and implementing best practice internal processes and procedures, supporting others to follow that methodology.
* Track record of building and developing robust internal relationships with other stakeholders across the company
* Experience of working effectively during rapid growth/change, preferably with a high-growth games, creative digital or technology provider
* Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to remain positive and always motivated even when feeling the pressure of multiple responsibilities
* Readiness to deal with new situations and to persevere in seeking solutions
* Attention to detail with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
Measures of Performance
* All transactional HR/people services are delivered within agreed SLAs e.g., Letters, contract etc on a 24hr turnaround. People inbox queries replied to within 3 hours and one hour depending on criticality
* Accurate on time delivery of Payroll
* Accurate Data and Timely Reports deliver people metrics to inform and drive Exec and Manager decision making
* Key project deliverable and benefits are realised within agreed timescales
* Payroll submission on time and with minimal errors
Working hours are 09:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!