The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our client is expanding their HR team and is currently recruiting for a HR Advisor based in the Milton Keynes office, working within a fun and energetic team.
Position: HR Advisor
Hours: Monday to Friday - Part time or Full-time hours
Salary: Up to £35,000 pro rata
The job will involve...
* You will provide proactive and professional HR advice for all levels of staff and management in a way that supports good people management practices in the workplace, promotes equality, diversion & inclusion and which is in line with policies and procedures.
* You will manage absence management through to capability consultations, disciplinary, grievance, bullying and harassment, performance management, UK Right to Work, family friendly leave, restructures/redundancy and TUPE.
* Promote the health, safety and wellbeing of the workforce.
* Build, develop and maintain effective professional relationships with colleagues and managers through appropriate communication skills.
* Coach and mentor managers to supportively manage their employees.
* Attend in person and virtual meetings to support managers and employees in relation to HR matters and processes.
* Support employee voice through all appropriate channels including promoting the work of Staff Council and attending when requested, council meetings or other employee engagement events.
* Support the Head of HR to deliver projects and initiatives to improve employee relations, engagement, and retention rates.
The Person will...
* Experience of working within a HR position
* 3 Year's previous HR advisory experience, strong communicator and able to influence.
* CIPD, other HR Related Qualification or significant, demonstrable relevant experience
* Expert knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
* Good IT and administrative skills; Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
* Driver and ability to travel between sites with some overnight stays.
* 22 days holiday, + 8 bank holidays.
* Workplace Pension scheme
* Staff Savings Scheme
* Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) to support your health and wellbeing.
* Health Cash Plan which provides money back on core health treatments such as: optical, dental, physiotherapy, chiropody (at reduced cost)
* Sick Pay (qualifying period)
* Life assurance scheme offering valuable benefits to your dependents.
* Rewards Scheme which recognises and rewards staff
* Perks which offer up to 6% discount off leading retailers including Tesco, Curry/PC World, Costa and many more
* Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street for emergency and social care staff.
* Enhanced DBS Certificate
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!