The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our global client is looking for a passionate, proactive individual to join their globally based team of talented sales and marketing professionals.
Position: Global Conferencing and Events Executive
Salary: up to £32,000
Location: Home based (Occasional travel to Tring, Hertfordshire and regular international travel)
The job will involve...
* Create and/or use existing EDM templates to communicate with delegates and partners at designated touchpoints (booking confirmation, joining instructions, follow-up etc.)
* Develop close working relationships with our client's commercial sponsors to accommodate their onsite conference needs e.g. the coordination of name lists and table seating plans, exhibition stand infrastructure, digital and print branding etc.
* Assist in the development and delivery of networking opportunities/events within our client's conferences (dinners, lunches, excursions etc.)
* Plan and deliver agreed conference management work packages such as food and beverage plans, hotel rooming lists, flight bookings etc.
* Produce and update project plans key to the success of the management and delivery of conferences and events
* Manage post-event feedback and measurement, creating feedback surveys, analysing the results and disseminating post-event materials to event delegates and sponsors
* Assist with venue finding and venue contract negotiations and management
* Help to develop new ideas for conference content and delivery
The person will have...
* Proven track record in event and delegate management
* Influencing and strong communication skills with an ability to work across business functions
* Ability to develop and sustain close working relationships with sales channels and external suppliers and partners
* Project management
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM databases e.g. Mailchimp, EventsAIR
* Ability to create and publish social media posts direct onto platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter and/or using scheduling tools such as Social Sprout
* Ability to travel internationally both short haul and long haul on a regular basis
* 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Flexible working options
* Free parking when office based
* Performance based growth and progression
* Health insurance and pension (following probation)
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169