The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
£27,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week.
As a Food Technologist you will be responsible for developing and enhancing a reputation for Technical excellence. You will be the Technical advocate for the company's business unit's customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Acting as the main point of contact for all day-to-day customer quality and technical items in the business and forge strong and productive and working relationships within the business and with customers.
* Ensuring that all customers are kept up to date of all relevant product and supplier documents.
* Understanding and disseminate the technical policies and strategies for all your directly managed customers. Working with Compliance to ensure QMS's are amended accordingly.
* Developing relationships with all key customer stakeholders e.g. Technical Managers, Technologists, Depot QA's and Roving QA's.
* Pro-actively communicating quality to customers and manage shelf life accordingly.
* Supporting the technical manager alongside HR with the planning, recruitment, induction and welfare of own staff.
* Ensuring all staff are trained in the skills needed to achieve high standards of safety, effectiveness, productivity and job satisfaction, including coaching of management and supervisory skills to achieve business objectives.
* Working with the Production and Product Teams to identify and optimise opportunities and improve quality performance or business efficiency.
* Have experience within a similar industry in a customer facing Technical function.
* Be highly customer orientated with excellent communication skills at all levels.
* Have people management experience and team leadership skills.
* Be highly organised with the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Have competent IT skills, good administration skills.
* Have exceptional attention to detail.
Due to our client's location you will require a full driving licence and access to your own transport.
To find out more about this opportunity; please call our Huntingdon Office ASAP or email us your CV to us for consideration.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169