The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Food Multi Skilled Shift Maintenance Engineer - Panama Shift (Days & Nights)
Salary £53,288 PA
(Basic £50,000 + shift premium £3,288.96)
Our client based in Bedford are seeking an Multi Skilled Engineer mechanically or electrically biased, possessing robust skills to uphold the maintenance of plant and building services. The primary aim of the role is to attain optimal levels of performance, reliability, product quality, and safety. Reporting to the site Maintenance Manager and covering 12-hour shifts, as necessary, to ensure continuous coverage for a 24/7 facility.
* Efficiently complete assigned tasks to the highest standards.
* Demonstrate a "Right First Time" work ethic, utilizing root cause analysis to identify and address the underlying reasons behind problems and failures.
* Pro-actively adhere to all Health & Safety Regulations.
* Collaborate with other departments, offering support and assistance as needed.
* Maintain vigilance in the plant, investigating and addressing any observed or reported deficiencies.
* Prioritize safety when working independently or as part of a team, following company policies and procedures.
* Utilize a CMMS system, communicate clearly about work performed, and identify issues and spare parts needed.
* Challenge unsafe behaviours, particularly in the realms of Food Safety and Health and Safety.
* Possess a willingness to share knowledge and experience, with familiarity working with SOPs being advantageous.
* Be open to performing additional duties as required by the business.
* City and Guilds certification.
* B.T.E.C qualification.
* Recognized engineering qualification.
* Previous experience in a maintenance engineering role.
* Safe electrical working certificate.
* Basic skills in working with 3-phase and single-phase electrical systems for fault finding.
* General fabrication skills and welding.
* Proficient use of computers for reporting and logging jobs in the maintenance system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Capable of working under pressure and prioritizing workloads.
* Previous experience in the food industry.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
* Demonstrates respect and dignity towards others.
* Committed to delivering the highest quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Flexibility with working hours, given notice.
* Familiarity or training with C.O.S.H.H / I:O.S.H / H.A.C.C.P, and Food Hygiene procedures.
* Possession of a forklift license and access platform license.
* Experience working on steam and boiler systems, pneumatic systems, and hydraulic systems.
Apply Now !!!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!