The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Field Service Lead
£45,000 - £50,000pa Depending on experience
Do you have a process detailed and strategic approach to oversee all technical aspects of a service department?
Do you have excellent reporting skills?
As a Field Service Lead you will be providing repair and maintenance on a variety of laboratory and life science equipment.
The role will require you to:
* Manage all technical processes so that they are delivered efficiently and effectively.
* Prepare and carry out training plan for service team.
* Ensure that all training is documented in training records and reviewed regularly.
* Organise scheduling of both in house and on-site work with service co-ordinator based on experience and training requirements of engineers and technicians.
* Carry out on site repair, calibration and service of laboratory equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules
* Carry out on site installation and operational qualification to manufacturers protocols.
* To fault find and resolve issues to customer expectations to Service Level Agreements in liaison with Contracts Manager.
* Build and maintain strong customer relationships and maximise customer's use of the products and services.
* Respond to breakdowns that the office receive in a swift and timely manner.
* Participate and contribute towards key client contract review meetings in liaison with the contract's manager.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of the Company's products and services and current research to keep customers and potential customers informed and maintain the company's profile.
* Maintain data and provide accurate reports to deadlines
* Maintain adequate amounts of stock and equipment at all times in order to minimise customer downtime and ensure compliance with contractual objectives
* Develop and maintain effective customer facing communication and questioning skills to determine the issues to be resolved.
* Intermediate to advanced level IT skills in MS Office and report writing in Word & Excel.
* Practical engineering input for equipment demonstrations and evaluation of new equipment lines, working alongside the Service/Contracts and Equipment Sales Managers.
You will need:
* Experience as a Field Service Engineer, working on a range of leading manufacturer laboratory and life sciences equipment
* Full UK driving license
* Experience of effective communication skills
* Proactive and self-motivated approach
* Ideally you will be educated with an HNC/HND/BSc in a life science discipline or an ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169