The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Working to Production Schedule based on Customer due dates, your responsibility covers all operational processes & control systems, manufacturing efficiency, quality & despatch through to delivery of goods on time.
You will lead, motivate & develop a team of production/despatch operators.
Maintaining product quality standards will be an essential part of the role, involving problem solving and technical support.
Tackling manufacturing issues and introducing more efficient manufacturing methods will be an important aim for future development of the business.
The Factory Manager will report to the General Manager on a day-to-day basis. Reporting to you will be 5 Production Operatives and 1 administrator.
* To deliver excellent customer service through managing agreed production schedules.
* Managing a team of Production Professionals, including probation reviews, staffing levels, performance management and return to work interviews
* A willingness to commit to the role and drive business forwards is essential
* Maintain Health & Safety regulations & working procedures.
* Management of all procurement of raw materials.
* Maintain Group housekeeping standards
* Develop contingency plans when required.
* The introduction of new working methods when appropriate and where necessary
* Heading regular Production Planning, Health & Safety and Toolbox talk meetings
* Manage the maintenance of all tools, machinery and the building.
* Any other projects as identified by the General Manager.
* Experience of steel / aluminium fabrication and assembly.
* Ability to understand CAD / design drawings.
* CAD drawer will be an advantage but not essential
* Procurement and supply chain experience
* Production management in a small team environment
* Team management & motivation
* A recognised H&S qualification such as IOSH or a NEBOSH.
* Developing and controlling Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the factory operatives.
* Process control & quality systems
* IT literacy with experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Package includes an attractive numerical package and bonus scheme. Six months probationary period reviewed after the first three months.
Hours: 40 Hours per week 08.00 - 16.30 (including ½ hours lunch) however from time to time you may be required to work additional hours to fulfil your day to day duties.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169